How to Track Your DeFi Portfolio
If you're new to DeFi and using a self-custody wallet like MetaMask or Ledger, you probably have asked yourself "how should I track all assets in DeFi?"
DeFi presents a world of new opportunities to make your money work harder for you earning yield in the form of lending interest, trading fees, and yield farming rewards. That opportunity also introduces complexity in tracking where your assets are invested and how much they're worth. When I got started in crypto, I kept a spreadsheet to try to track how much money I had invested and traded. Just 3-4 years ago, it was as simple as keeping a trading journal and never closing a few browser tabs because there weren't many opportunities for me to do much with my crypto assets other than trade on exchanges.
Today, all that has changed with DeFi. There are now 100+ DeFi protocols just on Ethereum where I can choose to lend, market-make, borrow, stake, trade, insure, and yield farm with! Answering the question of where is my money and how much is it worth has become increasingly difficult. Thankfully, we got you covered with Zapper! Zapper is the ultimate DeFi dashboard to track all your digital assets on Ethereum and Ethereum L2s like Loopring as well as sidechains like Bitcoin, Polygon, BSC, and Fantom.
How to Connect Wallets to Zapper
- To get started with Zapper, go to Zapper.fi. After the landing page, find this dropdown menu to connect your wallet(s).
- Zapper supports the most popular Ethereum and crypto wallets including:
- GridPlus Lattice1
- Coinbase Wallet
- Alternatively, you can just paste in your wallet address(es) using this option under Manage Addresses.
- Use the pencil icon to edit names of wallets you track.
- If you connect multiple wallets, you can select which wallets to Bundle into a Bundled Wallets view you can isolate your own net portfolio aside from other wallet addresses you track but do not own.
- Choose which currency you'd like to denominate your Zapper portfolio in, including fiat currencies or ETH or BTC.
- In the bottom left of Zapper dashboard, choose from one of many languages to display including English, French, Spanish, German, Chinese, and more.
How Zapper Organizes Your DeFi Portfolio
Zapper Dashboard is self-explanatory but here's a quick rundown of how we organize your assets to track all in one place.
- Your Net Worth is your total assets minus total debts.
- Account Overview breaks down your assets according to what's in your Wallet, Deposited, Staked, Liquidity Pools, Yield Farming, Debts, and a section for tracking the estimated value of your NFTs, using the last sales price according to the OpenSea NFT market.
- Next, we have a breakdown of your assets by Network (blockchain or L2) including Ethereum, Bitcoin, Polygon, BSC, Fantom, and L2s like Optimism.
- Lastly, we have a breakdown according to which platforms (apps or protocols) you're invested in.